So maybe it’s that time… The time to get rid of the torn and tattered running shoes you have and get some new ones. Maybe you just have an addiction to running shoes and want to know what the best running shoes are for 2018. Well whatever your reason is, you’ve come to the right blog. We will give a brief review of the top 10 2018 running shoes and explain the various features that make them so great. Let’s get started!
Brooks Ghost 10
These are some of the best shoes you can get for neutral road running. These shoes particularly shine when it comes to lightweight training and various types of running where you change your tempo often. Here are some of the features:
- Soft Cushion BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning. (This allows for dynamic adaption of strides and disperses impact away from your body.)
- Stable and Smooth Ride – The segmented Crash Pad means no matter how your foot lands/fall momentum transfer is as smooth as possible. This is designed to provide less shock.
- Secure Fit – The Brooks Ghost 10 has been strategically designed to stretch within critical landing points to ensure consistent and proper fit while running.
Adidas UltraBOOST ATR
The Adidas Ultra Boost ATR is incredibly efficient for long-distance running. Another wonderful aspect of this shoe is they amazing grip it has even during wet conditions. This shoe performs excellently under various terrains and really shines during endurance runs. Many have also drawn the conclusion that these are arguably some of the best looking running shoes around. Here are some of the features:
- Dynamic Adaptive Arch – Adidas really nailed this right. The dynamic adaptive arch provides a responsive fit for each stride.
- Primeknit High Collar – Amazing technology that uses digitally knitted fused yarn. This ensures lightweight flexibility and premium quality.
- Adidas Boost Technology – Truely innovate technology allowing full shock absorption and energy transfer each step.
PUMA Ignite EvoKNIT
IF you’re looking for a distinctly branded shoe collar, look no further! The PUMA Ignite EvoKNIT are excellent shoes that stand apart from the crowd. These PUMAs have knitted tops that add comfort, flexibility, and durability. These shoes offer some of the best performance when running on dry flat pavement outdoors. They also play a dual role by providing excellent support when lifting weights or performing high-intensity workouts at the gym. PUMA did a very good job of mixing functionality with fashion. Here are some of the features:
- IGNITE Foam Midsole – Provides stability and energy return
- High Top Branded Collar – If you’re into fashion and want to stand out from the crowd, these are the shoes to do it with
- PUMA Knitted Top – Provides core breathability for your feet and provide a snug fit
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18
The secure construction of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18 has proven time and again that it can withstand the rigorous demands of fitness. The styling is very minimalistic and is designed to provide comfort during long runs. What sets these shoes apart is how they support flat feet. The sole provides additional cushioning so each step is less stress-inducing and propels you forward. Here are some of the features:
- Brooks High Energizing Cushioning – Absorb impact and provides leveling stability.
- Progressive Diagonal Rollbar – Provides a smoother transition throughout the gait cycle and promotes progressive pronation control via its tri-density midsole design.
- Asymmetric Mid-Foot Saddle – Creates adjustability for a more customized and tailored fit.
The new Altra Escalante has been very successful at doing one thing right and that’s providing a sleek look with one of the best cushioning systems to date. These shoes are not only great for running but are also perfect for speed walks and also performing various sprinting activities. It’s also rated for being able to handle different terrains such as trails, slight gravel, treadmill, and track. Here are some of the features:
- Altra PFS – Altra built the shoe on this response design
- Altra Ego Midsole – Specialed midsole and decoupled healed. (Provides an energetic rebound and is light-weight for superior comfort.)
- Fully Cushioned Zero Drop – Pinpointed accuracy for weight-balance for the heel to toe cushioning. (Additional details can be found here.)
These are some of the greatest shoes for outdoor running. The Adidas Tracerocker is excellent for outdoor running due to its various features and functions. With a sole designed for outdoor use such as gravel, uneven pavement, and slick terrains, these are a magnificent choice for longer outdoor marathons. Additionally, the color has also been sequenced for a bolder outdoor rugged look compared to its competitors. Here are some of the features:
- Outsole – Adidas Traxion technology designed for stability and grip in outdoor environments.
- Light Weight – Even with the added outsole measures, the shoes remain lightweight.
- EVA Midsole – This midsole is designed for long-term cushioning. While it provides less recoil, it’s more shock absorbent.
Nike Air Zoom Winflo 4
Versatility, comfort, and flexibility.” If any of those words are what you are looking for in your next pair of running shoes, then these Nike Air Zoom Winflo 4 fits the bill. The neutral shoes provide excellent versatility due to its design. It’s great for taking to the gym and lifting weight while able to keep up with the top performing running shoes. You can literally wear these all day. Here are some of the features:
- Dynamic Fit System – This integrates Flywire cables to create an adaptive fit for your foot.
- Cushlon Crash Rail – Designed to help absorb impact while promoting smooth transitions.
- Rubber Waffle Outsole – The design has been made to handle multiple surface types for maximum traction.
The Swiss shoemakers have released infamous On Cloudflow. Without going into excessive details, these shoes are amazing for a few reasons. These are lightweight and low to the ground. While this causes a little bit more shock, it more than makes up for it in recoil. This is due to the Cloud technology that has been integrated. Here are some of the features:
- Cloud Technology – Provides mechanical cushioning and compression with each step. (Creates a firmer ride.)
- Interlocking Teeth – The sole interlocks with the Cloud Technology allowing a firm and stable base to push off with. (Think in terms of recoil.)
- Bottomless Cushion – Effectively used to cut down weight dramatically so you can keep running longer.
Salomon Speedcross 4 CS
Last but not least are the Salomon Speedcross 4 CS. These shoes are reliable and great for neutral foot movements. They are designed for outdoor running especially when going through harsher terrains that include mud, gravel, grass, and uneven pavement. These shoes are also fully waterproof. Here are some of the features:
- Sensifit – Cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system in order to provide a secure snug fit.
- Quicklance – This allows for a quick and easy one pull lacing system.
- Contragrip Technology – Grip technology optimized for specific sports and surface conditions.
Talk Less. Do More. Act Now.
At Full Boost Fitness, we want to motivate people to take action. That is why at the end of each article, you will see this paragraph, each with custom-made bullet points. The suggested bullet points below are designed to help you start taking action right now even while in front of your computer or on the phone. Studies have shown that 90% of people never take action. We want to help you be part of the 10% that does, and that starts here.
- If you enjoy running, we highly suggest getting on of the top 10 2018 running shoes.
- Download the app Step Counter if you are on Android, or Pedometer++ if you are on an iPhone.
- Set a weekly goal you want to hit and keep track of it to see if you are hitting them. If you are having a hard time, we suggest to scale back and set easier goals. Once you are consistent, up the number of steps you take each day.
Did you enjoy the content?
Well we have a lot more!
Subscribe to us for the most effective and up-to-date information that you will love!
Thank you for subscribing. Stay tuned for awesome content!
Something went wrong.